Ford F-250 Accessories

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
carriedi

Re: Need a good answer that i haven't heard before

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:46 pm

dos your engine have a spout connector? It looks like the picture. If you have one you have to remove this to set your timing. It turns off the computer advance while the connector is out. With the connector out you set your timing to 10 degrees btdc. If you set you timing with this connector left in your timing will be too advanced. It should be taped to your wire harness close to your data link connector. left side of your engine compartment.

To check voltage drop while cranking the engine, you measure from one end of the battery cable to the other end while you are cranking the engine over and you are having the starter drag issue. So, you will be measuring just the cable. From the negative battery post to the starter case while cranking will give you the negative cable voltage drop. measure the positive battery post to the positive terminal on the starter (where the big battery cable hooks up to the starter from the battery +) while cranking to measure voltage drop on the positive cable. they should not drop more than 0.5 volts while cranking.
Attachments
spout connector.jpg
Ford Bronco timing spout connection.
spout connector.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 8185 times

RDGlover

Re: Need a good answer that i haven't heard before

Unread post by RDGlover » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:33 pm

No spout no computer

onefeather

safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Unread post by onefeather » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:27 pm

do I need to replace crash sensors or switches when fixing a deployed air bag? where are they located on the vehicle and can I get them from local auto parts store? 2004 Ford Freestar Van.

carriedi

Re: safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:41 pm

there is a big long list of replacement parts you have to replace after an airbag deployment. First thing is to have the vehicle scanned for all the codes in the restraint control module. Depending on the airbags that were deployed some frame pieces may need to be replaced or restored to OE condition before installing components.

because airbags are a safety item and diverse between manufacturers and models I do not believe they would be available for a local parts store. You can check for the dealer parts numbers and see if you can cross reference the OE part number into the auto parts store system.

there is a liability to fixing the restraints system yourself. If you are involved in an accident and something you installed resulted in an injury, by not acting in the manner the OE would or should have done, you could be found liable for the injuries sustained. So, be careful and make sure if you fix it yourself that you fixed everything correctly.

onefeather

Re: safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Unread post by onefeather » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:08 pm

thank you for the valuable advice and I will take the vehicle to my local dealership garage and have the final stage of repair done there. I'm sure it would be the most safest way to get it done. thanks again...best regards

edwinfoxx1475

Ford F-250 Accessories

Unread post by edwinfoxx1475 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:36 am

Good day to you folks on this forum. I'm interested in buying a Ford Accessories for my F-250 truck model year 2011. If anyone has a good deal regarding the same.
Thank you.

carriedi

Re: Ford F-250 Accessories

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:28 pm

when looking for accessories for your truck you should just google the accessory you want and list your year and model of your truck. this way it will search a multitude of sites and you can look for the best product for the best price.

Eyauia

Re: Ford F-250 Accessories

Unread post by Eyauia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 am

edwinfoxx1475 wrote:
> Good day to you folks on this forum. I'm interested in buying a Ford
> Accessories for my F-250 truck model year 2011. If anyone has a good deal
> regarding the same.
> Thank you.

Had the same question...

jimmythunder

f150 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Unread post by jimmythunder » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:39 am

2010 F150 started stalling and running very rough. took to shop to have diagnosed. He said it needed a Fuel Pump driver Module. so I changed the Fuel pump driver module and truck ran great for two weeks, then it started doing same thing again. I changed the fuel pimp driver module once again. and it ran great for two weeks. NOW it is doing same thing AGAIN. I am confident it would run great if I changed it again. but what is causing these to fail. thank you

carriedi

Re: f150 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:53 am

you might want to see if your part supplier has another brand you can try.

How did the shop you took your truck to decide that the module was the problem? Did it have a stored code? do you know what the code number was?

check the fuse for the fuel pump driver module and see if one of the prongs of the fuse shows signs of overheating. Some fords have a problem with this. It's because of a poor connection to the fuse box. If this condition is noticed cleaning the female connector and tightening the female connector in the fuse box and a new fuse might help.

I would trace the wiring to see if you have a rub through somewhere shorting the module out.