2003 F250

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
Post Reply New Topic
ChucksTruck
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:52 pm

2003 F250

Unread post by ChucksTruck » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Is there a common link between the turn signals, cruise control and trip computer? A few weeks ago they started sporadically working. When one was not working neither were the others and if one was working they all were. I would set the cruise control and after some time it would shut down. I noticed that the trip computer was not on and also the turn signals did not work. At first it was once in a while and they would come back on. Eventually they all three quit working. I have been through every fuse in the fuse panel below the steering wheel and they are all good. I have not noticed anything else that is not functioning properly.

 

User avatar
carriedi
Posts: 2269
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:39 am

check the fuse #18 in the left side of the dash. it powers up the turn and brake light. if the fuse has battery voltage with the key on then check the light green and red wire that goes to your brake pedal switch. If the wire doesn't have battery voltage with the key on that will turn off the cruise and the turn signals. I don't know if that is connected to the trip though.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Cbowie

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by Cbowie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:54 pm

carriedi wrote:
> check the fuse #18 in the left side of the dash. it powers up the turn and brake
> light. if the fuse has battery voltage with the key on then check the light green
> and red wire that goes to your brake pedal switch. If the wire doesn't have battery
> voltage with the key on that will turn off the cruise and the turn signals. I don't
> know if that is connected to the trip though.

Would this be the same for a 2002 ford ranger? The light green and red wire?

User avatar
carriedi
Posts: 2269
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:51 pm

the light green and red wire is the same color code as the pick up but it comes from fuse #13 a 20A fuse in the fuse box under the left side of the dash. That light green and red wire goes from the fuse to the brake pedal switch. It comes out of the brake switch as a light green wire.

that may or may now help you depending on what your problem is.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Cbowie

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by Cbowie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 pm

carriedi wrote:
> the light green and red wire is the same color code as the pick up but it
> comes from fuse #13 a 20A fuse in the fuse box under the left side of the
> dash. That light green and red wire goes from the fuse to the brake pedal
> switch. It comes out of the brake switch as a light green wire.
>
> that may or may now help you depending on what your problem is.

Same problem with no blinkers or cruise control. Thank you very much! Will see if it is the problem this weekend.

User avatar
carriedi
Posts: 2269
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:02 pm

you should look at your brake switch. the cruise uses different wires going through the brake switch. Cruise uses fuse #9 in the fuse box under the left side of the dash. It has a brown wire that goes to the 3# pin on your brake switch. It comes out of the brake switch on a red and light green wire that then goes to shift interlock, the clutch switch, clutch triple switch jumper then becomes a ran and light blue that goes to your cruise speed control module. So, even though the wires are separate (turn and cruise) they both use the brake switch. So, check the switch out
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Cbowie

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by Cbowie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:00 pm

carriedi wrote:
> you should look at your brake switch. the cruise uses different wires
> going through the brake switch. Cruise uses fuse #9 in the fuse box under
> the left side of the dash. It has a brown wire that goes to the 3# pin on
> your brake switch. It comes out of the brake switch on a red and light
> green wire that then goes to shift interlock, the clutch switch, clutch
> triple switch jumper then becomes a ran and light blue that goes to your
> cruise speed control module. So, even though the wires are separate (turn
> and cruise) they both use the brake switch. So, check the switch out

Thank you!! I will let you know what I find, hopefully sometime this weekend when the humidity goes down.

clueless
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:30 pm

f350 diesel cruise control only works when engine is cool

Unread post by clueless » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:58 pm

after engine warms up cc will not engage

User avatar
carriedi
Posts: 2269
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: 2003 F250

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:59 pm

have some one verify that your brake switch and brake pressure switch are both working correctly
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Post Reply New Topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post