1994 explorer

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
gln607

Ford Explorer cruise control stopped

Unread post by gln607 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 am

2007 Ford Explorer V6 cruise control stopped working and I need to know how to fix it.

TerryAuto

Re: Ford Explorer cruise control stopped

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Check all the fuses and let me know what you find.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

clueless

Unread post by clueless » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:38 pm

I have a f350 diesel and my cruise control works fine when the engine is cool but won't engage when it warms up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This won't help you on your explore but it was the only way the site would let me post. I'm new on this site so maybe I just don't know how to do it.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:57 pm

you should scan for codes. a brake pressure switch can go bad and shut off your cruise control. It's on the master cylinder. If it give the wrong pressure reading the cruise will thing the brake is on and shut down.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Lockemon

1994 explorer

Unread post by Lockemon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 pm

My heat only works when driving. When I'm in park and idling blows out cold air. Checked antifreeze what else could it be.

carriedi

Re: 1994 explorer

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:45 am

not getting enough heat at idle is usually a sign of low coolant in the cooling system or a heater core that is starting to get plugged up. At idle, you engine is turning at low rpms. That means the water pump will turn slower. When you start to drive the rpms go up and the water pump spins faster circulating more coolant.

Lockemon

Unread post by Lockemon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:08 am

So should I do a radiator flush. Or is my Heather core going out? Thanks

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:07 pm

If your cooling system is full inside and your truck doesn't overheat, your heater core may be getting plugged up. If you could back flush just the heater core, you could extend it's life. Afterwards, If it does get better, then flush the rest of the cooling system because there is probably debris floating around. I have been somewhat successful isolating the heater core by the hoses that go to the heater core and back flushing it using a flushing machine that puts pressure and filters the coolant that circulates through the machine. You just find out which hose is the return line from the heater core and hook the pressure side from the machine and you hook the other hose from the machine to the other side of the heater core and let the machine do it's thing. When the heater isn't putting out much heat but the engine temperature is at normal operating temperature, feel the two heater hoses going into the heater core. The hotter hose will be the inlet side and the cooler hose will be the return line that goes back to the engine.