Brake Line Bleeding on a 95 Explorer w ALS ??????....

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
gkanz

Brake Line Bleeding on a 95 Explorer w ALS ??????....

Unread post by gkanz » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 am

Greetings. Just replaced pads n rotors but found out that one of those rusted brake lines sprung a leak. Being that the other line would probably go I went and made up both the L & R front wheel lines. I was a little stumped to see that the lines fed into a unit before the master cylinder which I was told was the anti-locking "something or other". Anyhow, I was able to remove and reuse the old fittings and re-flare the new steel tubing and put it all back together with NO leaks (Lordy be.) After I bled the 2 new lines the pedal still seems terribly spungy. Re-bled them again and got only fluid out, no air as before. My question is this: should I have bled the back brakes? Could air have gotten in those lines from removing those old frnt lines from this ALS? I sure would appreciate any answers to my problem. Thank You Much. gk

carriedi

Re: Brake Line Bleeding on a 95 Explorer w ALS ??????....

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:39 pm

you may need a scanner to bleed the air out of the HCU. or an adapter, (F5TZ 2C215 A) with a jumper (F5TZ 2C215 A). It runs the pump motor to push out any air then bleed normally after that. You could drive the vehicle and brake hard enough to make the ABS to actuate a few times. that runs the pump and will push out air. Bleed normally after that. But be careful, don't cause an accident... or have one. Because you know you have a brake problem.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

gkanz

Re: Brake Line Bleeding on a 95 Explorer w ALS ??????....

Unread post by gkanz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Thank You much. Got it done. All's good. Truely appreciate. Nice wheels. 8-)