water in engine

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
GeorgeDouglas

water in oil--blown gasket?

Unread post by GeorgeDouglas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:28 pm

in checking my oil (nov-2012), i noticed cheese-like substance in cap & tube, indicating water mixing with oil somewhere. so i used one of the cheaper head gasket pour in sealer remedies which didn't do much. so i got the more xpensive treatments (35$) changed oil,which seemed to work better until recently, when i noticed a recurrence of signs of emulsified oil/water on my dipstick & oil cap.Now during the time while it was working, i experienced no driving problems, missing, or white smoke.(or now).What I need to know is what to expect or what to do next;keep using this kind of stuff (& freq oil changes) look for new transport or what? I have a 1993 ford E-150 van: my motor is the 5.0 v-8 with 160,000 miles. a teardown would not be cost-effective. it would cost more than it's worth.any suggestions, hints directions, would be greatly appreciated.thank you.gearhead g

TerryAuto

Re: water in oil--blown gasket?

Unread post by TerryAuto » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 pm

For the heck of it, replace the PCV valve.

Yes, you may have a head gasket that is seeping or even a cracked cylinder head.

The internal leak can be so small that you would never see it in the exhaust, or have any effect on how the van runs.

Very expensive to tear down on a van like this. I would just keep driving it. If the actual oil does not look milky, I would not worry about it.

Larry22

Intake manifold cracked Mercury Grand Marquis

Unread post by Larry22 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 pm

I have a 97 mercury grand marquis with a crack in the intake manifold , I have replaced it twice with a plastic one. I would like to know where I can find an aluminum one? Or will a 93 or 95 fit the 97?

carriedi

Re: Intake manifold cracked Mercury Grand Marquis

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:40 pm

you're talking about a coolant leak right? there is an aftermarket intake that has metal part for the coolant, fits 96 to 2000
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

samboy1960

water in engine

Unread post by samboy1960 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:32 am

got water in engine ford f150 4.6l auto 4x4 possible remedies are their

carriedi

Re: water in engine

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 am

leaking intake manifold, freeze plug leaking inside timing cover, head gasket, cracked head or block
intake and freeze plug are not uncommon for the 4.6L If the engine has overheated head gaskets are a possibility

how do you know there is water in the oil? If there is water or a water mixed with oil in the filler cap, that might be from short trips and longs times in between. if this is the case it's because the engine does not get hot enough to vaporize the condensation in the engine fully. If you have milky oil on the dipstick or when you change your oil that looks like chocolate milk you will need to find where the coolant is getting in the oil from.

if there is a coolant leak it might get expensive trying to find and repair it. btw. Is your cooling system filled with water or an antifreeze mixture?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.