Oil light warning message on dash panel.

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
ronalddinnebeck

Oil light warning message on dash panel.

Unread post by ronalddinnebeck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

2004 Lincoln Aviator. Oil light warning message. After oil is changed.Where is the reset for the warning signal in the dash panel?

ProTech

Re: Oil light warning message on dash panel.

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Ok, if you're seeing an actual 'warning' message about the oil you need to stop driving your vehicle immediately. This is NOT something that can be reset like a 'change oil' light. The warning is there to tell you that you either have no oil in the vehicle or very low oil pressure which can lead to catastrophic engine damage. If this happened right after an oil change, then something went wrong and you should get it checked out immediately!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

ronalddinnebeck

Re: Oil light warning message on dash panel.

Unread post by ronalddinnebeck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 am

Thanks for the info. I had the oil changed by a service tech at a service shop. He said that he had reset it. I just wanted to know if my thoughts were right about the reset being done in the info center in the car. We usually do our own work on our cars, trucks and equipment, but it is still freezing here at night, and my shop floor is pretty cold. I also had them change the rear differential fluid, so on the creeper for an extended period of time it would have been a pretty slow and chilly job. Thanks again, Ron.