2009 ford explorer wont crank

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.

2009 ford explorer wont crank

Unread post by guest » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:09 pm

I have a 2009 ford explorer that will not crank over All dash lights are on turn key nothing Security light is blinking fast tried reset the key using ford procedure using door then ignition switch Checked all fuses and breakers every thing is good tried using cheap code reader but reader says it cant find car but reader works in other car Could reader plug be dead also
please help
thank you Bob

carriedi

Re: 2009 ford explorer wont crank

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:24 am

with the security light flashing I would try another key and see what happens. most code readers are for engine codes. security codes are from a different module. Find a scanner that does more than a code reader. See if you have pats codes stored. you might have to reprogram your keys to your car.

you can test your starter relay and it's operation in the battery junction box on the left side fender apron. and fuses 11 (30A) fuse 3 (50A) and fuse 8 (15A) making sure they are all good. Check the neutral safety switch and ignition switch. All of these can cause a no crank condition but NONE of these would cause the security light to flash.

so, scan the pats module and let me know what you find out