I need help with my gmc enovy

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Will

I need help with my gmc enovy

Unread post by Will » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Please somebody tell me what you think is wrong with my truck .. I changed the ignition switch out and its still not starting

carriedi

Re: I need help with my gmc enovy

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 am

with no information, it would be hard to give you any meaningful answer.

why did you change your ignition switch?

was it the actual switch where the wiring goes to or was it the lock and tumbler that has the key?

when you say not starting, what are you talking about? What happens when you turn the key to the start position? does the starter turn the engine over or not? Do you mean the starter is doing it's job and turning the engine over but the engine does not start running? Or do you mean the turns over and starts running but stalls out right away?

is your security light coming on?

Have you checked for spark and fuel pressure and injector pulse?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Will

Unread post by Will » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am

Yes the security light is on and the starter is new

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 am

ok, your starter is new. Is it cranking the engine when you put the key in the start position? Is the starter doing it's job of making the engine spin?

if the engine is not turning over when the key is in the start position then you have a problem with the starter circuit.

it the starter is turning the engine over but the engine is not starting that is another problem.

if the engine is turning over and sometimes seems like it is going to start but then doesn't and the security light is on, you may have a problem where the security system does not see the signal from the key to allow the fuel injector pulse to continue when you release the key to the run position.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.