Switch to full style
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Post a new topic Post a reply
1981 chevy wont start after shut it off for a while
yes my 1981 Chevy 350 engine it starts up when its cold after you drive it for about 20 minutes and then shut it off and when you come back it has nothing no spark no nothing until it cools off again. can't find the problem.
Re: 1981 chevy wont start after shut it off for a while
If you have verified that you have no spark from the coil check to see if the distributor signal is present at the tach terminal. (that would be the RPM signal) Power from the ignition switch...?

you could have a bad coil. you could have a bad ignition module. you could have a bad pick up assembly. You would need to check these things when the engine has no spark. See which things are working and which one isn't. Or maybe more than one...
Thank you I will check them things and get back
Amy down south here in ms... have u changed your fuel pump.. or coil packs.. try coil packs first.. if coils packs don't work. Change your fuel pump..
I had this problem 1992 gmc sierra sle c1500 stepside 5.7 v8 turns out someone put security system in it up under driver side behind fuse box n while the removed fuse they didn't unhook the wires running thru it when it would get hot n I cut it off it wiykd take 30 min to an hour to crank n I was dead sure it was starter or solenoid but wasn't
Post a reply