2001 Chevy Van No Start Security Problem Re-learn Procedure

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Keith

2001 Chevy Van No Start Security Problem Re-learn Procedure

Unread post by Keith » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm

No start. 2001 chevy van 1500 conversion Van.
Hello, I had to pull dash facia on my van yesterday. I unplugged headlight switch wires. Found I could not repair dome overide without replacing whole unit. r
Replaced and now vehicle starts and shuts down immeadiatly. Did I set off security and how do I reset it ? Needin some help here.

Phil

Re: No Start Security Problem Re-learn Procedure

Unread post by Phil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Not sure how removing the facia could cause a problem with the FACTORY security system, but here is a relearn procdure that may help...
•Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
•Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
•Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
•Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
•Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

•Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
•With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. The history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.