FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
stumpy

FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT

Unread post by stumpy » Wed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Does anyone have a dirgram or were I can get one on how to replace the fuel filter on a 2006 Duramax Diesel ? It is a 2500HD Auto Trans. Thank You

willwildy

Re: FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT

Unread post by willwildy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:39 pm

sure, go buy a haynes manual on your truck. It has the whole procedure.
Click here to make a SMALL DONATION to HELP KEEP US FREE

Phil69

Unread post by Phil69 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 am

You can also try Autozone online.
They have a library of many procedures, this may be one of them.

Raotrux

Fuel leak at Fuel Filter

Unread post by Raotrux » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Hello,

I recently decided to replace my fuel filter. As I was loosening the bolt on the carbuerator where the filter goes, I twisted the steel tubing (fuel like) so now I've been trying to replace that. I wasn't able to get more steel tubing so I'm using rubber tubing (with clamps) and small parts of the old steel tubing. I've got it run and theres no leaks on the clamps, but I just can't stop the leaks on the large bolts. I've tightened it as much as possible (I still see thread) but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions..?

TerryAuto

Re: Fuel leak at Fuel Filter

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:25 am

Get rid of the rubber hose and clamps and do it the correct way, with a new pipe.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

Scarlett

Unread post by Scarlett » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:10 am

thank you for your reply.. yesterday I had the garage put a brand new alternator instead of a rebuilt. reason the rebuilt had a sound of a bad bearing.. and it still dims and has a flicker.. I bought this suv new.. had the problem when I first got it not to this degree.. with your response that the computer is putting the alternator into a fuel saving mode.. I'm guess with a new battery I put a few months back probably this battery is getting to full charge faster then the old/dying one.. is there anyway of turning off this fuel saving mode???