All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
The Check engine light came 'on' - P1400 - Cold Start Emmission Reduction Control System & P0506 - Idle Air control System Revolutions per min lower than expected displayed; along with a couple brake related codes: B0244 - ABS SWAS; U1026 - PWM Delivered Torque Malfunction; V1026 - Loss of C2 CAN w/ ATC

Once the throttle body was cleaned; I test drove the vehicle and the check engine light when out as expected.

My question is .... (that I don't feel any braking concerns with the vehicle or vehicle control - stability or otherwise. I know that some code require 'x' number of key starts before they clear.) Should I be concerned about the last (3) codes, clear them and wait for them to reappear again with another dash light or is there something I can check to verify anything needs to be serviced?

The engine light wouldn't come on for these fault codes rather it should be another service light. Currently, there isn't another dash light on since the throttle body was cleaned. Thank you for your reply.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 665
Yes, a good throttle cleaning can do wonders, can't it?! That will always take care of the P0506 code.

As for the other codes, I really don't see anything that needs much attention. Sometimes you can get the loss of communication codes by other modules glitching out or setting other codes like you had. Or, if you've pulled fuses, disconnected the battery, or have done a reset lately.

I would recommend to just continue driving it as normal and wait and see if anything re-emerges, but most likely it will not.

GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

contributions: 1
I was told by my mechanic that the P1400 code may also be caused by a lose gas cap.

Ask A Question Reply