1993 Cadillac deville 4.9L climate control stuck

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Cadillac questions now.

Cadillac Deville A/C Compressor Help

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:22 pm

I have a 87 Cadilac Deville that. I purchased a motor from a salvage yard that was a 4.5l. I don't know what kind of car it came out of. My 1st question is how can I find out? Secondly, my AC Compressor pulley is not turning, and smoking badly so of course the belt broke. I know that I can get a bypass pulley to put on it, but do i get one that was for my base model car, or Do I find one that goes with a 4.5l?

MW

Re: AC COMPRESSOR HELP

Unread post by MW » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Probably wont be able to find out what kind of car it came out of.
Crossing any numbers you may find on the block wont do much good on something that old.
You would need the kit for the motor, not the car.

mikesayers

1988 cadillac seville blower motor problems

Unread post by mikesayers » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 pm

replaced blower motor still only comes on once in awhile

ProTech

Re: 1988 cadillac seville blower motor problems

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Once in a while? Maybe you have a bad connection somewhere, or a wiring issue, or a faulty control head. Your vehicle is pretty old to find relevant information about, so you're just going to have to start checking things out and eliminating things one by one.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

sheribird

1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville (blower motor relay)

Unread post by sheribird » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 pm

I am trying to figure out where on earth the part is located in order to replace it. It is also called blower motor module from what I understand. Does anyone happen to know where I could find that joker? Thanks so much in advance!

carriedi

Re: 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville (blower motor relay)

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:00 pm

the ECC (electronic climate control module) is on the firewall to the left of the blower motor as you are looking at the blower. The ECC gives the blower different voltages to run the different speeds of the blower.

What is the problem you are having with the hvac system? Your HVAC system is very complicated. It uses a ECC programmer behind the glove box, ECC control panel, BCM behind right side of the dash, the PCM behind the rigfht side of the dash and the ECC power module in the right rear of the engine compartment on the firewall to the right side of the car from the blower motor. So that would be to your left as you look at the blower.

cjdwilson6865

Heater will not turnoff

Unread post by cjdwilson6865 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Recently my 92 Cadillac Deville's Service Engine soon light came on and my climate control center reads c and my fuel data display shows c and my heater will not turn off until I turn the ignition key off. When I turn my ignition key back on it all does the same things. Help me please.

carriedi

Re: Heater will not turnoff

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:41 pm

you should have your engine and climate controls scanned. see what codes are stored. It might help you figure what direction you need to go towards a repair

ljohnson

1993 Cadillac deville 4.9L climate control stuck

Unread post by ljohnson » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Why is my climate display window blacked out and is stuck on 75 degrees F? also my controls are not responding.
After about 10 min the display window lights up and everything is fine until the car is turned off for more than 30 min.

carriedi

Re: 1993 Cadillac deville 4.9L climate control stuck

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:05 am

it sounds like you have a problem with the control panel but... you have to check all the other parts connected to the panel in the system. electronic climate control programmer, body control module, PCM...

you need to see if you have power and grounds all working normally and the communications with the other modules are working when the HVAC is not turning on. So, you may need to take this problem to a shop. You can check for codes by holding "OFF" and "WARMER" buttons down when you turn the key on until the display reads "8.8.8" (key on engine off) When the "8.8.8" comes on let the buttons go and watch for any codes that come up on the display. "E" codes are for the engine. Or "E.E" if there are no PCM codes or the PCM code list os over. "F" codes are for the BCM. and it goes just like the PCM part.