All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

My 2000 Cadillac STS AC blows cold on the passenger side but not as cold on the driver’s side. The volume of air seems to be the the same out both vents. I had the blending door repaired last year. Could there be something other than the blending door causing this problem?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

Site Admin

contributions: 173
br5489 wrote:
My 2000 Cadillac STS AC blows cold on the passenger side but not as cold on the driver’s side. The volume of air seems to be the the same out both vents. I had the blending door repaired last year. Could there be something other than the blending door causing this problem?

Yes, it could be a problem with the temperature door actuator motor, but they dont usually fail that often.There are 2 on the car, so if you had the passenger side replaced, then i would suspect know the drivers side has failed.
But more likely, if the temp is not that differnet- as one side very cold, drivers side warm, then first have the freon charge checked. It could be a low. Low freon can cause this problem. The mechanic may not know it by looking at the pressure- i have seen many a good tech get fooled by pressure readings that were normal, but the freon charge was still low, and caused this problem. The only way to be sure is to recover / remove the freon and see how much came out. The freon charging station at a repair shop gives an accurate reading as to how much was removed. Even 1/2 LB. low would give the condition you have.
Or, buy a can of freon from a local parts store and put half the can in. If drivers side starts getting cooler, put the rest in. But of course if it was low, then that means you have a leak that would need to be checked for.

Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.
Did You Find Some Great Help? Help Keep Us Free

Thank you a half pound of freon fixed the problem

Site Admin

contributions: 173
Glad to Help br5489 !

Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.
Did You Find Some Great Help? Help Keep Us Free

Ask A Question Reply