sensor locations for 3.6 cts engine

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Cadillac questions now.
strotma

sensor locations for 3.6 cts engine

Unread post by strotma » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm

do you have a picture of sensor locations for 3.6 Liter 2007 cts engine? Like you do for 3.4 and 3800 engines Thanks

ProTech

Re: sensor locations for 3.6 cts engine

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Not at this time, no. But if you let me know what sensor or sensors you are searching for, I can tell you their location.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

strotma

Unread post by strotma » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 am

Mass Airflow sensor
Throttle Body Throttle Position Sensor
PCV Valve Coolant Temp sensor
Intake Air Temp Sensor
Thank you

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm going to assume you probably don't know too much about cars, because those are some the easiest and well known sensors to find.

First of all, the Mass Airflow Sensor is located on the intake tube between the air filter and throttle body. It's basically looking right up at you when you open the hood.

The throttle position sensor is an integral part of the throttle body assembly, so if it needs replaced you have install a complete new throttle body assembly.

The intake air temperature sensor is built into the Mass Airflow Sensor, and it not serviceable separately.

You have no PCV valve on this engine.

The coolant temperature sensor is located in the cylinder head.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Unread post by Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:48 am

How about the PCM. Or the Ecu, and any other module that may help with my cts 2006, 3.6... they're was some kind of short happening whenever it would get wet. I just want the car to dry up and get going, but it may be more of a problem now. Im not able to get anything as far as communication goes, please help

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:56 am

what happens when you turn the key to run? What do you get?

when you say you don't get any communication, are you talking about a scanner not seeing any computer?

Unread post by GUEST » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:43 pm

well initially i would turn the key and no crank, but the ac and the stereo would power up. However none of my windows would work and my dic wouldn't come on. I think it had to do with my theft deterrent system. Now, since the battery ran down, i just have acheck engine light, and nothing of any promise. No codes , no stored codes. It used to happen any time it got wet, and i would have to let it sit till it fixed itself. We had a bad rainstorm and im not able to do anything at this point.

melindakelly44

Unread post by melindakelly44 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:01 pm

well initially i would turn the key and no crank, but the ac and the stereo would power up. However none of my windows would work and my dic wouldn't come on. I think it had to do with my theft deterrent system. Now, since the battery ran down, i just have acheck engine light, and nothing of any promise. No codes , no stored codes. It used to happen any time it got wet, and i would have to let it sit till it fixed itself. We had a bad rainstorm and im not able to do anything at this point.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:49 am

if the ac and the stereo would come on but no crank I would look at the ignition switch. See if the power is going to all the parts that the switch is supposed to power up. You may have a bad connection in the switch. Don't buy anything check the power and grounds.

the fact that the windows and other parts don't work but the radio and ac work kind of leads to ignition switch before ecm...