1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Ronda

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Unread post by Ronda » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:03 am

On my 1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette while traveling . A water inlet broke off and caused me to lose water then engine started to run hot and just shut off. And wouldn't crank back up. After replacing that water connection and water. Still will not start . Engine turns over and seems to be spinning over fairy fast but will not start. I heard that could be the timing. I don't see it losing anymore water anywhere. Can you tell me what is causing it to turn over fairy fast but will not start . What can it be so I can fix it so it will start up and run. I don't know what I may need to replace in order to crank up the engine and it start and run. Please help me on what I need to do to get it running again

carriedi

Re: 1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:46 pm

usually an engine that spins faster than normal is a sign of lower compression in the cylinders. After an overheat and stall you may have a blown head gasket or jumped timing between the crank and camshaft.

you should verify your cylinder compression and cam timing. Once you know that you can figure our where to go from there.