Great wall x240

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Lachy

Great wall x240

Unread post by Lachy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:57 am

Hi I have a great wall x240 the 4wd light is staying on an it sounds like it's not trying to engage at all any help is appreciated thanks

carriedi

Re: Great wall x240

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:36 am

I don't have any information on any great wall vehicles. because the 4wd light is on I would look at what switches the transfer case between 2wd and 4wd. Have you tried to switch the transfer case back and forth from 2wd to 4wd and back?

so, if you have a transfer case with drive lines to the front and rear you could also have a problem with the front axle locking in. You have to look and see if it is electric or vacuum engaged. Or if it locked all the time and the transfer case is all the changes it from 2wd to 4wd.

can you scan your vehicle with the same equipment as an obd2 vehicle?

let me know what you can find out

Unread post by Guest » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:45 pm

4wd works fine you can hear it lock the front axle and release but now the light it's self won't go out but if I turn the key back and forth it will go out until I put it back in 4wd then it stays on

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:02 pm

different vehicles have different things that turn the 4wd light on and off. some use the transfer case for the signal others use the front differential. What year make and model do you have?

If you can hear your transfer case switch gears try putting the trans in reverse and back up 6 feet or so. Then go back to drive and go forward. See if the light goes out then. Gears could have tension on them not allowing them to actually release, reversing changes the tensions and then the gears can let go.

let me know if that changes anything