Oldsmobile Bravada 1999 Thump Noise

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
carpenter-2

Oldsmobile Bravada 1999 Thump Noise

Unread post by carpenter-2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:18 pm

I have an oldsmobile bravada,1999 with A 6 CYLINDER. Everytime i make a sharp tune to the left or right and back-up in either direction it slows down and makes a thump or bumping noise.

Meccboy

Re: car trouble

Unread post by Meccboy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

This is a very common problem on this Smarttrack system, and other 4 wheel drive systems. This condition is called "Crow-hop". Basically the transfer case is in 4 wheel low and thumps.
What you need to do is replace the transfer case fluid- make sure it is the new Blue fluid.
Then fill it back up.
Drive in tight circles- left and right for a few minutes. This gets the transfer case clutches hot, and sort of scrapes off the face of the clurtches.
Then drain and refill again. May take another 100 miles of normal driving for the the condition to go away totally.

Nord1120

need newer seats for 2003 Olds Bravada

Unread post by Nord1120 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:19 pm

My seats have compressed over the life of the car and I want to upgrade them to better ones. What is the best way to do that. The Bravada stopped production in 2003, but GM kept making similar models such as the trailblazer for many more years with the same body style. What is the most recent year that I could pull seats from a junk yard that would work with simular color for the leather? I assume I need a complete seat including the metal support. Any thoughts? Thank you

carriedi

Re: need newer seats for 2003 Olds Bravada

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:37 pm

you should check at:

car-part.com

wrecking yards across the US
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

jimk5757

2004 Bravada Rough Idle Poor Horrible Gas mileage

Unread post by jimk5757 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Hello peeps,
Pulling my hair out on this on hope someone has a cure. I'm done with parts changing. Last resort till I bring to the shop as I don't give up easy and usually can fix things myself. Had a code of PO128, Thermostat or cooling temp sensor. Changed them both and code has not returned. This is not related to the running rough and bad gas mileage. I'ts much worse with AC on. I currently have no codes being displayed. This is what I have done so far:

* Remove mass air flow and cleaned it real good
* Changed spark plugs (ACdelco)
* Replaced air intake sensor
* Replaced air filter
* Replaced fuel filter
* Cleaned map sensor, new one is on the way

Any input is much appreciated. Thank You

carriedi

Re: 2004 Bravada Rough Idle Poor Horrible Gas mileage

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:10 pm

you're gonna need a scanner to see what is going on with your engine. For your engine you should look at the misfire counter. It will tell you what cylinders could be misfiring. You could look at your fuel trims and see if your O2 sensor matches your MAF. If the trims say lean, you could have a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak will affect your idle but may not be big enough to be noticed at rpms higher than idle.

if the misfire counter shows certain cylinders missing more than others try switching coils and plugs from the missing cylinders to other cylinders. Like if #3 is missing switch the coil to #4 and the plug with $2. Scan it again and see if the miss changed location or is it still in the same cylinder.

with the scanner see if all the temp sensors match up when the engine has sat over night and you scan it before the engine has been started. They should all be in the same area.

Check to see if the fuel pressure regulator is working correctly. check for no fuel leak at the vacuum port. 4.2L Fuel pressure should be 50 to 57 psi

tough to figure out what's going on without a scanner.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.