Exhaust Manifold extract from rear head cylinder 3400 v6

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Ollie126

Exhaust Manifold extract from rear head cylinder 3400 v6

Unread post by Ollie126 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi, I was writing because I am almost to the last bolts setting me back from getting my head gasket kit put on my 1998 Olds Silhouette I've ran into many problems but at last I only have to remove the two bolts on the rear head cylinder to get it lose and off to start the process of putting the gasket kit on and rebuilding but the problem is I can't seem to break the bolts lose can someone give me a few pointers so I do not strip the rusted bolts out, also maybe on how to go about getting them lose from the top of the engine if possible at all? Please I need your help or any info or videos that can help me on this project all would be greatly appreciated oh yeah I've tried to disconnect the manifold from the flex pipe but it's not budging an inch all bolts are off also thanks alot

carriedi

Re: Exhaust Manifold extract from rear head cylinder 3400 v6

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:19 pm

some exhaust manifold bolts will be rusted on really hard. It is very common for one or two to break when trying to remove them. You could use a tool called the Mini-Inductor to heat them up and try to break them free. It's a hassle but sometimes bolts will break. Luckily, because you are going to remove the heads from the vehicle if they do break you can work on getting the broken piece out while the heads sre off and you don't have to try and remove the pieces in the car.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.