1988 Delta 88 Fuel Pump Ground Wiring Diagram

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
katieklu

1988 Delta 88 Fuel Pump Ground Wiring Diagram

Unread post by katieklu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi I need a diagram to see where I have to ground the wire on the fuel pump... I am having the worst time finding an accurate DETAILED diagram, so that I can correctly ground the wire... Please, any help in the right direction ould greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Katie

TerryAuto

Re: 1988 Delta 88 Fuel Pump Ground Wiring Diagram

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 am

WOW. 1988. Well, to think back and look through my aged library of servive manuals, the fuel pump ground is located in the trunk, behind the left (drivers side) wheel house. I think there are several in that area.

If you are having such trouble finding it, why not just run your own? Cut the ground wire close to the pump sending unit, splice a wire in, and with an eyelit on the other end, bolt it to the body, or drill a hole and ground the wire.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

blueyezca

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 3.8L V6

Unread post by blueyezca » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:06 pm

I am replacing my throttle position sensor, and I need to know the procedure to adjust it along with the voltage reading. I was told 0.38-0.42 volts with the throttle valve closed, but not sure if that information is correct.

carriedi

Re: 1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 3.8L V6

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:26 pm

your 3.8L vin code 1 and L are slightly different in the specs but should not be adjustable.

vin code 1 should be about .20 at low the end and 5.0 on the high end.
vin code L should be about .40 at the low end and 4.0 on the high end.

however almost any reading under 1 volt at the low end will work. the computer will look at the reading when you start your engine and use that for the idle position
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.