1993 olds cutlass supreme 3.1 convertible

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
flightcommander

1993 olds cutlass supreme 3.1 convertible

Unread post by flightcommander » Fri May 09, 2014 5:03 pm

I have 4 problems at the same time. First the idle drops low and car dies, then the a/c quits and the speedometer and rpm guage drops down and then transmission goes into 3rd gear. After about a minute everything returns to normal. I got another computer from junk yard and put in the prom from the original computer but car runs the same and now it is always in third gear. Engine runs perfect except for above problems. please help!

carriedi

Re: 1993 olds cutlass supreme 3.1 convertible

Unread post by carriedi » Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 am

best thing to do on this car is drive it with the scanner on it and see what is happening. It's possible you may have a fuel pump problem. You also might have an idle air control problem. With a scanner hooked up to your car while driving it you can watch the IAC reading when your at an idle. As you drive you can watch to see what your fuel trims are and watch what changes when your car starts to act up. If your engine starts to ping (knock sensor) the computer will retard you spark. if you have codes stored in memory, they could help to figue out what is happening. Has you check engine ever come on while you're driving?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

flightcommander

Re: 1993 olds cutlass supreme 3.1 convertible

Unread post by flightcommander » Tue May 13, 2014 1:22 pm

carriedi wrote:best thing to do on this car is drive it with the scanner on it and see what is happening. It's possible you may have a fuel pump problem. You also might have an idle air control problem. With a scanner hooked up to your car while driving it you can watch the IAC reading when your at an idle. As you drive you can watch to see what your fuel trims are and watch what changes when your car starts to act up. If your engine starts to ping (knock sensor) the computer will retard you spark. if you have codes stored in memory, they could help to figue out what is happening. Has you check engine ever come on while you're driving?

chyil

Need help for suprising hubby at christmas.

Unread post by chyil » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Hello, I am looking for some direction and advice so I can surprise my husband with some parts for his 1980 Cutlass Supreme...I have some homework to do and had a few questions if ya'll could help me out.
1. when filtering on sites sometimes is asks if the car is Base or Brougham. How do I find this out.
What I want to get him is struts and shocks. What are some suggestions of what will work on his car and price ranges..I want to get some thing he will be happy with but I am also not rolling in cash....Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Chyil

carriedi

Re: Need help for suprising hubby at christmas.

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:58 am

you're in luck because 1980 cutlass supreme uses shocks and not struts. So it will be much cheaper than replacing struts. you will need to buy two for the front and two for the rear. Prices will vary depending on who you buy them from. Gas charged shocks are the ones you want to get. I don't even know if anyone sells shocks that are not gas charged now days. Most auto parts stores and some department stores should carry shocks for you car. or be able to order them.

cutlass supreme base of brougham doesn't make any difference when it comes to picking out shocks.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.