Low beam lights not working

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
pallgor

drl/turn signal light burning up

Unread post by pallgor » Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm

my 1998 Olds Intrugie has been cooking turn signal /drl bulbs on the right side head light assy. I've replaced said assy feeling it was a defective plug, but the same problem is still occurring..its actually melting.. I'm lost on electrical

ProTech

Re: drl/turn signal light burning up

Unread post by ProTech » Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Usually it's the actual socket that is bad, but if you've replaced it and it's doing the same thing you might to check the wiring going to the headlight assembly and the associated connector. Also make sure you're using the correct bulbs.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

northwoodgarage123

Low beam lights not working

Unread post by northwoodgarage123 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:39 am

The low beam light do not work. Fuze is ok no problem with that.

carriedi

Re: Low beam lights not working

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:23 am

what is the year, make and model of your vehicle? so, you have high beams and parking lights just no low beams? and you checked the light bulbs right? You might want to verify your power and ground at the headlight connector. find out which one is missing. you don't have a good ground or you don't have a good power.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

GABoy

Unread post by GABoy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:29 pm

First time poster from Georgia.
1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3.1, 4dr, front wheel drive.
I parked it at Daughters for a week. Picked it up and the flashers, Hazzard, Cruise and Interior lights don't work. Map lights OK on the rear view mirror.
All fuses are good. I thought maybe a rat/mouse chewed some wires but no indication of that. Ran by my Mechanic and he looked and checked fuses with test light (I removed them and made a visual inspection earlier). Mechanic said he really needed an Electrical schematic.
Any ideas on what else I can check or how to copy Schematic will be appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
Marvin

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 pm

the mechanic that looked at your car, did he check for power and ground at the interior lights that don't work? the power from the fuse should be on an orange wire and the white wire that goes back to the headlight switch should be the ground wire. Just chaeck that on any of the courtesy lights. Did they have a good ground and did they have battery voltage on the other side of the circuit? Did he check the turn and hazard flashers? They should both be 2 wire circuits, did he check for power and ground at the flashers?

the multifunction switch does the turn, hazard, cruise and on some cars the headlight switch, have you had someone look at that switch?

Do you have a check engine light on? that can sometimes turn the cruise control off.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.