Oldsmobile Silhouette has No Heat

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
redrobin

Oldsmobile Silhouette has No Heat

Unread post by redrobin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:09 pm

I have a 96 olds silhouette right now have no heat. Took it to the mechanic they've had it for 2 days. After calling several times the guy said he couldn't fix it. He said it was air pockets internally? and it wasn't worth fixing. Last year I had a valve job and head gaskets done was running great. Then this past summer had no cold air. They put in blower motor and now with no heat I have been putting antifreeze in it every couple days then after 2 weeks I have no heat. It was wet on the passenger floor but not much so I thought it was the heater core. Any one with an idea? or is my ride just going to the grave yard? Thanks! ;)

carriedi

Re: Oldsmobile Silhouette has No Heat

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:08 pm

if you are continually adding coolant you definitely have a leak. If you have a leak, your heater is one of the places that will be affected because no coolant will flow through the heater core. You should have your car pressure tested for the leak and go from there.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

redrobin

Re: Oldsmobile Silhouette has No Heat

Unread post by redrobin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:13 pm

carriedi wrote:if you are continually adding coolant you definitely have a leak. If you have a leak, your heater is one of the places that will be affected because no coolant will flow through the heater core. You should have your car pressure tested for the leak and go from there.
Thanks for getting back to me. Yesterday I took my car over to this place that specializes in heating and cooling. And that was the first thing the guy did was pressure check, and now it's time for the funeral. I wish I lived in the country so I could shoot that piece of junk just to get it outa my system, well anyway the oil dip stick was full of antifreeze. He said I needed a new engine that would cost $3000 and something else just can't think of it right now but that would be 800.bucks so it's official I'm done with it or it is done with me! Thanks for your help.