Olds Intrigue Headlight electrical problem

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
dvangen1987

Olds Intrigue Headlight electrical problem

Unread post by dvangen1987 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm

I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue that the drive side headlight doesn't work. Replaced the bulb and nothing. Any suggestions??

carriedi

Re: Olds Intrigue Headlight electrical problem

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:55 pm

you're going to need to verify power and ground at the headlight connector. power comes from the fuse for the left side headlight fuse in the underhood fuse box. should be marked HDLP L it powers the bulb for the left side high and low beam through the orange and black wire. if you have battery power at that wire check if the dark blue wire has a good ground. the dark blue wire is getting it's ground connection from the headlight switch.

here's the thing you have to watch, the dark blue wire goes from the headlight switch back to the fuse block under the hood and it splits inside the fuse block to a dark blue wire to the left side low beam and a dark blue and white wire that goes to the right side low beam.

Does the left side high beam work?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

BlueCloud1955

Unread post by BlueCloud1955 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I am having similiar problems with my low beam headlight. I have high beam functional, however when i switch to low beam, I get"zip." Any ideas out there?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:41 am

so what does "zip" mean? does it stay on high beams or do the lights go out when on low beams?

give me a year make model and engine and I can look up the wiring diagram for your vehicle
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.