Oldsmobile Headlights not working

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Nord1120

Oldsmobile Headlights not working

Unread post by Nord1120 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:23 pm

My two front headlights are not working, they both went out at the same time. The brights and fog lamps work, as well as the tail lights. This is limited to the headlights only. I replaced the bulbs and that did not fix it. I then and checked the fuses to no avail. Any ideas?, Thank you

TerryAuto

Re: Oldsmobile Headlights not working

Unread post by TerryAuto » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 pm

What model and year Oldsmobile is the vehicle you are having the headlight problem with?

Nord1120

Unread post by Nord1120 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:58 pm

It is a Bravada 2003

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:21 pm

check the headlight low beam relay. HDM, relay 46 in the under hood fuse block. have someone turn the low beams on and off while you have your finger on the relay. you should hear and feel it click as the switch is turned on and off. If you don't hear or feel it click switch it with the high beam relay HDM-HI relay #43and see if it works with that. The headlight switch sends a signal to the body control module and the BCM sends the signal to the relay. The power goes from the battery to the relay and then to the fuses. So, if the relay doesn't work there won't be any power to the fuses.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 am

Oldsmobile Bravada, Chevy Trailblazer or GMC Envoy low beam headlight repair... Headlight Relay
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

Nord1120

Unread post by Nord1120 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Thank you that did the trick put in a new relay all is well thank you very much! :)

Unread post by GUEST » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:59 am

I have the same problem but mine is a 2001 Oldsmobile bravada fog lights and brights work but not my regular headlights I changed the bulbs and still didn’t work they both quit at the same time. I had my neighbor mechanic/handyman look at it and he said it was a $400 part that I needed. Any suggestions? Thank you.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:42 am

what was the $400 part?

there is a 175 battery fuse that goes to the headlamp power relay but that fuse should be good

did you check the headlamp power relay? It aends power to the fuses LT HDLP and RT HDHP 15A fuses in your underhood fuse block. Also check the HDLP SW fuse 10A in the instrument panel fuse box. It sends power to the head lamp switch to power up the headlamp power relay.

So, HDLP SW 10A fuse to orange wire, to headlamp switch. Headlight switch to white wire to headlamp power relay. Headlamp relay to fuses LT and RT HDLP fuses 15A each. Fuses to yellow and black wire to left beams, dark blue to right beams.

then there is the BCM and the high beam flash to pass switch to check if everything else checks out good but you have to follow the power to see where you lost it. Or check to see if you have the correct ground for your circuits.