2003 Olds Alero Trac Light

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
mintravia

2003 Olds Alero Trac Light

Unread post by mintravia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:25 am

I was driving down Interstate and my car started hesitating/skipping. Felt like it was not getting gas..and my Trac Off light came on...it did this one or two times and then corrected itself....then it did it again and I pulled over and the car stopped completely. I could get the aux power/steering/lights Ac etc to come on but the engine would not turn over. I had just filled up with gas...could bad gas be a problem..I am stumped..had the car towed.

Meccboy

Re: @003 Alero Trac Light

Unread post by Meccboy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:17 am

As for the "it will not turn over", some people get this wrong. An engine not turning over means that it will not crank when you turn the key. Some people refer to "will not rurn over" as it WILL crank, but wont start. Assuming te engine is not cranking over, along with the other problems, this could be just a bad battery or loose cable at the battery. The TRAC light was most likely caused by the engine running bad. With an engine running problem, the ABS dissables the Traction control.
If the car is cranking but wont start, and you just got gas, you may have gotten a bad tank of fuel. You will need to have the fuel pressure checked, the computer scanned for codes, and possibly a fuel sample looked at for contamination.