2001 Aurora charging system

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Mario

oldsmobile Aurora Rides Rough on Bumps in Road

Unread post by Mario » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:20 am

1999 oldsmobile aurora question: My car rides real rough. Can feel every bump in road. Think maybe the electronic level control may be out. Which component would I need to replace.

Garage-GM

Re: oldsmobile Aurora Rides Rough on Bumps in Road

Unread post by Garage-GM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:35 am

If the elctronic load leveling was faulty, the rear of the car would sag.
A common cause for this is the rear suspension height sensor. This is what tells the level system that the car is low and needs to be raised.
Another problem with that system are broken wires at a connector under the rear of the car. Several connector are toward the front of, and above the rear suspension frame in the middle of the car. Disconnect them and pull on wires looking for corrosion or a wire to break.

Tioan

Olds Aurora Check Engine Light

Unread post by Tioan » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:12 am

Problem with my 1998 Oldsmobile Auroa Check Engine.
Question = I just bought this car from an Auction so I dont know the history on it but something was draining my battery alternator checked out with no problem I took it to a shop and they say it is a sensor that controls the Air Suspension and Air Compressor they called it a ride hyde snesor I want to know if thats the correct name for it.

JK

Re: Olds Aurora Check Engine Light

Unread post by JK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 am

This part is called the "Ride Height Sensor"
It is attatched to the rear suspension, and has an arm that attatches to a control arm to measure the height of the rear of the car. Yes this could cause the pump to run, also corroded wires on the rear suspension. There are several harness connectors just to the drivers side of center, on the rear suspension. disconnect those and check for corrosion.

BSurpa

2001 Aurora charging system

Unread post by BSurpa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm

how do I get the altwernator out of my Aurora, though the fender well
or do i take out the core support

ProTech

Re: 2001 Aurora charging system

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah, changing an alternator on an Aurora is not a very fun job. You have to first take off the air conditioning compressor before you can get the alternator out. The best way to access everything is from the right front wheel well opening, with the wheel off obviously. Remove the plastic trim/deflectors from underneath the core support and inside the right front wheel well area and you can basically reach everything you need to. It's definitely an involved job, but more time consuming than actually hard. Good luck!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+