1992 Delta88 w/ ABS Brake Drag

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Old Olds

1992 Delta88 w/ ABS Brake Drag

Unread post by Old Olds » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 pm

I've got a 92 Olds 88. It has a very severe brake drag problem that is intermittant. All 4 wheels lock up. I checked the trouble codes but none exist. I'm thinking it's either the booster, master cylinder or the proportioning valves.

Stan

1992 Delta88 w/ ABS Brake Drag Help

Unread post by Stan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:48 pm

If you are sure ALL wheels lock up, then it cant be a porportioning valve. That is just for the rear. It may be a master cylinder not releasing pressure after an apply.

Old Olds

Re: 1992 Delta88 w/ ABS Brake Drag

Unread post by Old Olds » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 am

Yep, pretty sure all four are locked up. I duplicated the lock-up, then I put the rear up on a jack and tried to free spin the wheels by hand and the wheels wouldn't spin. Then I put the jack on the front, shifted into N and tried to free spin the wheels by hand. Again the wheels wouldn't spin. Latter after a couple of hours I was able to spin the front wheels by hand. Also, when this happens, it appears the pedal stays at the bottom of it's travel and doesn't appear to release back to it's normal unbraking position. I looked up under the dash to see if there was some sort of binding going on with the pedal linkage, but didn't see anything.