2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue AIR code P0410

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
joatmom

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue AIR code P0410

Unread post by joatmom » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:46 am

I have an 2000 Olds Intrigue Gls with the 3.5 twin cam engine now showing the po410 code. I changed the air pump and relay (unnecessarily, bro in law advice) and it is working when engine is running. How do I check the check valves vacuum and how much vacuum do I use and how long should the hold vacuum. Thank You

butchkaz
Site Admin

Check Engine Light Code p0410 Repair

Unread post by butchkaz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:46 pm

[quote="joatmom"]I have an 2000 Olds Intrigue Gls with the 3.5 twin cam engine now showing the po410 code. I changed the air pump and relay (unnecessarily, bro in law advice) and it is working when engine is running. How do I check the check valves vacuum and how much vacuum do I use and how long should the hold vacuum. Thank You[/quote]
See this link for the information...
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

brendarline66

2002 olds intrigue p0410 code

Unread post by brendarline66 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:06 am

I have a 2002 Oldsmobile intrigue and the check engine light is on. There is a code p0410 but the car is running great. The only thing is when I get on the brakes there is like a grabbing sound and only when the air is on but I can put it in neutral and the sound stops. I had new tires put on and the rotors turned and new brakes put on also. Do you know what might be going on? Thank you so much for your time!!

carriedi

Re: 2002 olds intrigue p0410 code

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:14 pm

p0410 is a code for your secondary air injection. that system forces fresh air into your exhaust stream to accelerate the cat system. won't really affect the driveability of the vehicle just the emissions. However the check engine light being on may affect the driveability because the engine will compensate differently with the check engine light on.

can you supply more information about what you think is wrong with your car?

Where does the sound sound like it's coming from? Does it do it when you press on the brake with the ac on and you are parked? does it show up at very low speeds? Is it only when slowing down from highway speeds? What is a grabbing sound? Do you feel any vibration in the brakes, the steering wheel, the seat, the rear end? has the ABS light come on?

you might want to see if you have a leak in the secondary air injection system. It has an electric pump to pump air and check valves to keep the air going in one direction and plumbing to get it to the exhaust. maybe what you're hearing is a leak in the AIR system. Check valves go bad, (get rusted out) along with metal piping. When the check valve goes bad it allows hot exhaust into the system and could damage rubber hoses. P0410 Check Valves This would cause a noise but won't affect the braking. AC shouldn't really affect it either. Putting the car in neutral will affect the system.

sounds like this is one of those cars where a tech will have to ride with you and have you show what has to be done to make the problem happen.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Oldsmobile

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Where is the secondary injection system located on the Oldsmobile intrigue?

carriedi

Re: Oldsmobile

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:39 am

the secondary air injection pump is near the left headlight assembly.
#5 in the picture. the system goes all over from there
Attachments
olds sec. air pump.jpg
Oldsmobile Intrigue Secondary Air Injection System Location - A.I.R.