2000 Chevy Venture Traction Control Problem

RT

2000 Chevy Venture Traction Control Problem

Unread post by RT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Occasionally, the service traction system reading comes up and trac off light comes on. Been leaned toward the engine control computer, but that doesn't seem to have much to do with traction control to me. Had a P0742 code at auto zone, which was tcc solenoid stuck off, but was told by a transmission friend of the family that the tcc solenoid would not cause the problem. Can't afford to hunt and peck. The check engine light obviously was on, but I pulled every fuse in the vehicle because I am having problems with my tail lights and air bag light also, but the check engine light has not come on again since, (1 week), though the traction lights have. Sound familiar to anyone? Much appreciation!

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2000 Chevy Venture Traction Control Problem

Unread post by butchkaz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:26 pm

You have several differnet things going on, and some may be related.
The code for the TCC could be the solenoid, and can dissable the Traction, but a scan of the ABS computer should be done first for the Traction light. A problem in the ABS will disable the Traction.
the tailights may also be related- a connector under the van, just behind the drivers seat has had problems. The connector turns green from water getting into it. This connector contains rear ABS sensor wires, and tailight wires.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

SPEEDY

POWER STEERING LOCKING UP

Unread post by SPEEDY » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm

WHY AT TIMES MY POWER STEERING GOES OUT,THEN COMES BACK ON LIKE NOTHING WAS WRONG ?ALSO MY SERVICE TRACKING SYSTEM LIGHT COMES ON THEN GOES OFF AFTER I START DRIVING,BUT IT DIDN'T COME ON UNTILL I STARTED DRIVING IN THE RAIN.I ALSO HAVE A LIGHT ON THAT SAYS TRAC OFF.

ProTech

Re: POWER STEERING LOCKING UP

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:41 pm

How about telling us what kind of car you have? Year, make, model would be helpful and if you have electric or hydraulic power steering!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

SPEEDY

Unread post by SPEEDY » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:19 pm

ITS A 2003 CHEVY VENTURE VAN

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 pm

This is probably less of a power steering problem but more of a traction control/stabilitrak issue. The reason the lights are illuminating on the dash is because you are having a failure at that particular moment while driving. If it only seems to happen when it's wet outside, I would expect it to be a wiring problem.

The traction control and/or stabilitrak (however your vehicle is optioned) uses the anitlock brake system and associated wheel speed sensors to detect if there is a problem with wheel spin or loss of control. When the system can't read these speeds at each wheel, it will set the light on and probably store a trouble code.

I would highly recommend getting the Venture van scanned for codes, concentrating on the ABS system. You've most likely got one or more wheel speed sensor codes. What happens often, and especially acts up when wet, is the harness going to whichever sensor is showing a problem is corroded from moisture intrusion. So be sure to check the wiring before just installing any new parts or will have the same problem.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+