2004 Trailblazer Hesitating At 50 MPH

toniepps

2004 trailblazer ignition

Unread post by toniepps » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. It has been hard to start lately. I have had to turn my steering wheel to the left. I just got home from the grocery store and about 25 minutes later, I went back out to run another errand. I cannot start my car. The ignition will not turn. The steering whell turns, just not the ignition. Please help!

Tim

Re: 2004 trailblazer ignition

Unread post by Tim » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Sounds like the ignition cylinder is binding.
Try spraying some WD-40, and then work the key in and out- back and forth. This may free it up for the time being.
If it does, will need to have the cylider replaced.

Tina

2004 Trailblazer Hesitating At 50 MPH

Unread post by Tina » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:55 pm

2004 chevy trailblazer check engine light.
Truck can not drive beyond 50 mph without hesitating.

ProTech

Re: 2004 Trailblazer Hesitating At 50 MPH

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, I'd first recommend getting the truck scanned for what ever code or codes have set. It would more than likely have something to do with why the vehicle hesitates over 50mph. Common causes would be a clogged catalytic converter, or a transmission that is about to fail completely. Poor fuel pressure or a restriction somewhere in the system, as well as a clogged air filter can do this too. Definitely something that needs to be checked out very soon before you do more damage.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

brian

suv wants to die

Unread post by brian » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm

2002 chevy trailblazer- when traveling about 50mph engine with start to jerk as if its not getting gas- seems like it pulls back but does not die

carriedi

Re: suv wants to die

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:26 pm

does the check engine light come on? It could be fuel pressure or volume. (pump, filter, strainer) you should drive it with a scanner on to watch your fuel trims. If you run lean or if when you hit 50 mph it gets really lean you may have a fuel starvation problem.

you might want to see what your throttle is doing when the problem happens.

without a scanner hooked up to see what your computer is doing, everything would just be an uneducated guess. is it electrical or is it mechanical? is it spark or fuel? is it injector pulse or restricted exhaust?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.