2003 Trailblazer random stalling at idle while braking/park

Patriot55

2003 Trailblazer random stalling at idle while braking/park

Unread post by Patriot55 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Just replaced starter in 2003 Chevy Trailblazer, was running/driving fine at all RPMs. Upon driving truck afterwards experienced erratic increases and decreases in RPMs while braking at stop light, engine randomly had a jump in acceleration and had to apply heavy braking. Next, as I entered a world famous Michigan Left turn around, as I braked the vehicle stalled. This stalling as I braked pulling into a parking lot happened again. Restarted vehicle noticed tack needle was bouncing and engine had variable speeds to match with no foot on accelerator pedal. Have no idea what's happening. Can't find any similar type issues in postings. No check engine light, or service engine soon. Need a little help, thanks Patriot 55

carriedi

Re: 2003 Trailblazer random stalling at idle while braking/p

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 am

did you disconnect the battery when you replaced your starter or did you leave it hooked up?

you might want to try an idle relearn
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Patriot55

Re: 2003 Trailblazer random stalling at idle while braking/p

Unread post by Patriot55 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes, we did disconnect battery. You are correct, on the relearn noticed throttle body stayed open and was loaded up with carbon deposits. Thoroughly cleaned TB, reinstalled, and engine runs perfect. These computers adjust to the vehicle as driven and on relearn the factory settings don't quite match at 126,000 miles. Thanks for your help, you were right on. The wife is happy again!