03 Chevy Trailblazer key stuck in ignition-battery good!

war

03 Chevy Trailblazer key stuck in ignition-battery good!

Unread post by war » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:42 pm

I have an 03 Chevy Trailblazer that the key gets stuck in the ignition because I can not turn the key completely to the off position. The battery is good! The truck starts just fine. The blower motor does not work-(it is good). The blinkers do not work. And flashers work when the key is turned back where the motor is not running. They will not work if the truck is running. Shut the motor down, and they turn on. (Changed ignition switch-black box in steering column)Twice! NOT IT! Changed key tumbler. Not it! The button on the gear selector will not depress so I can not move it out of park. Changed the key actuator on steering column- Not it! Changed blinker switch- NOT IT! Service 4wheel drive light is on in dash. All this started on the same day @ the same time. Any suggestions? I greatly appreciate them.

carriedi

Re: 03 Chevy Trailblazer key stuck in ignition-battery good!

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:58 am

check to see if your shifter is going all the way into park to release the shift lock solenoid to release the key.
More info on Key Stuck In Ignition.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

war

Unread post by war » Sun May 05, 2013 2:30 am

carriedi wrote:check to see if your shifter is going all the way into park to release the shift lock solenoid to release the key.
carriedi wrote:check to see if your shifter is going all the way into park to release the shift lock solenoid to release the key.
It is. Any other suggestions? Did you read the entire post?
Thanks.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon May 06, 2013 10:26 am

the orange wire from the ignition switch goes to the fuses for fuse 44 hvac, 48 4wd, 39 hvac1, 12 stop switch... check to see if with the key on you have power to these fuses. they control hvac and turn signal multifunction switch

under the left rear seat check fuse 47 ign0 10A when the key won't come out. Or fuse 25 btsi 10A letf side of the engine compartment when the key doesn't come out.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 am

do you know how to check for power and grounds in the circuits you are having problems with? It seems like you have replaced a lot of parts. You need to know how to check the circuits out to see if they are getting the correct voltages and grounds. If you know how to check for the power and grounds and have the tools to do that I can walk you through the wiring diagrams to tell you what to look for. If you aren't able to do that you should take it to a shop.

But first check your body and engine ground connections from the battery.

ChevyTrailblazer

Unread post by ChevyTrailblazer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:13 pm

war wrote:
> I have an 03 Chevy Trailblazer that the key gets stuck in the ignition
> because I can not turn the key completely to the off position. The battery
> is good! The truck starts just fine. The blower motor does not work-(it is
> good). The blinkers do not work. And flashers work when the key is turned
> back where the motor is not running. They will not work if the truck is
> running. Shut the motor down, and they turn on. (Changed ignition
> switch-black box in steering column)Twice! NOT IT! Changed key tumbler. Not
> it! The button on the gear selector will not depress so I can not move it
> out of park. Changed the key actuator on steering column- Not it! Changed
> blinker switch- NOT IT! Service 4wheel drive light is on in dash. All this
> started on the same day @ the same time. Any suggestions? I greatly
> appreciate them.
-----
Omg! Everything you just described in this post, us exactly what's going on with my trailblazer. Was wondering if you were able to figure it out. Because my key us stuck in ignition too now. But those exact same problems have already happened too. Please help, if you were able to figure it all out. I sure appreciate it thanks

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:44 am

05-07-30-021, 05-07-30-021a, 05-07-30-021b are TSB's that have to do with the key not being able to come out of the ignition switch. The shifter boot may be caught in the shifter assembly mechanism. Happens on trailblazers from 2003 t0 2008.

check your BTSI fuse #25 in the underhood fuse box for power and for connection. it powers up the shiftlock solenoid.

tattooseanohara

Unread post by tattooseanohara » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Have exact same problem. Hit dash on right side of radio compartment and problem goes away. So im guessing theres a bad ground somewhere in the dash ... any ideas?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:42 am

there is a shift lock switch that read the shifter position. It won't let you turn the key all the way off if it doesn't see that the shifter is in park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5gUA3_fC8

this is a possible reason the key won't turn all the way off so you can get your key out