Trailblazer started by itself without the key

seabrooks

Trailblazer started by itself without the key

Unread post by seabrooks » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 am

Please tell me what caused my truck to start up on it's own when I hit the remote to unlock to get in. When I approach the truck it wasn't unlock so I hit the remote again. I heard a car running but I thought it was the car parked next to mine. I hit the remote again and smoke started coming from under the hood. It ran for about 3-5 mins and I thought if I could unlock the door I could cut it off but it wouldn't let me unlock it with the key. I don't have the remote that automatically start the engine it's the remote for unlocking doors only. The truck cut itself off and about a minute later it started itself up again with the smoke increasing substantially. I was parked at Walmart and people were coming and going and I was afraid that someone was going to get hurt or the truck was going to blow-up. A man stopped to help and looked under the hood and said the truck was on fire. It melted the fuse box and he disconnected the battery to get it to stop running. He said that he had never seen anything like it and he worked on cars for years. Please let me know what you think the problem is. Lady in distress! :?:

TerryAuto

Re: Trailblazer started by itself without the key

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm

If there was smoke under the hood, that means there is a short circuit. The wires were getting too hot and the insulation is melting. A short circuit will also cause strange electrical problem. That would explain the remote problem and the truck starting itself, although there could also be many other weird things happening.

You are going to have to have a mechanic trace down all the melted wires to find the original short circuit cause. If you have any non-factory electrical equipment, I would have them start looking there first.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.