2005 trailblazer hatch, wiper and light problems

Cmajeske

2005 trailblazer hatch, wiper and light problems

Unread post by Cmajeske » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:00 am

Rear hatch does not lock, nor do the interior lights turn on when only the hatch is open. Also, rear wiper and fluid do not work. Possibly linked? My key fob stopped working, replaced the battery and tried it but it didn't work yet, so I went and put the car into the programming mode but when it came to the part where I hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob the car honked within 3 seconds, which means (according to the manual) that my car doesn't have the ability for key fobs...but I've always had them. These problems have stumped two shops and one dealer, hoping for any help; I'm sick of forking out money for people to be as confused with my car as I am and not get anything fixed! Haha

ProTech

Re: 2005 trailblazer hatch, wiper and light problems

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:10 pm

All of these problems are related to the 'Liftgate Module' which is located inside the rear liftgate. It controls the lights, remotes, rear wiper and more. Now, this can either be due to a faulty module itself, or a wiring problem going to the module. Sometimes the wires break in the rubber pass-through between the body and liftgate, from bending back and forth so much as you open and close it. It should be a fairly easy problem to find as it's in one general area. If you do require replacement of the liftgate module, it will need to be programmed and setup at a dealership.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+