Drivers Door Locks and Window Inop

levigus

Door modules

Unread post by levigus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Is there any way to test the door modules without a computer? (Continuity, voltage, etc.) Do you really have to program a new module after installation? Is there any way to get around programming them?

Keltty

Re: Door modules

Unread post by Keltty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 am

Yes, the door module must be programmed, or the new one will not funtion at all.
About all you can do without a scanner is measure voltage to power the module, and its ground. Everything else is communication voltage on the data line. I suppose you can measure voltage on the data line, but then you run the risk of fryiing another module, since they all talk to each other.
The only voltage you can measure is the voltage out of the module to the window motor, or lock actuator.

Ramsey

Drivers Door Locks and Window Inop

Unread post by Ramsey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Window problem with my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl.
My power windows and door locks stopped working on the drivers side of my vehicle and there is a strong electrical odor present and you can see where heat has melted the area where the controls are. Could this be a burnt out DDM and if so what is the typical cost to repair?

Meccboy

Re: Drivers Door Locks and Window Inop

Unread post by Meccboy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Yes, does sound like the switch / Driver Door Module (DDM) is bad.
That module is approx. cost of $175.
It wouldneed to be programmed before it will work after replacement.
Expect to pay 1/2 hour labor for programming, or 1.0 hours total for replacement and programming.

Blade34

Re: Door modules

Unread post by Blade34 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:15 pm

If you have power to the module and a ground, then the switch / module is bad if ALL co ntrols don't work.