Chevrolet Trailblazer Dies Out Idle and surge with A/C

Sue

Chevrolet Trailblazer Dies Out Idle and surge with A/C

Unread post by Sue » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:16 am

Problem with my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer ls5.3 V8 large. No problems except for the back passengers side window does not work to up and down but no major work.GM tech = JKquestion = My car dies when i turn on the a/c or heat, it's fine when it's just running, and i am also losing some power with the buttons on the doors with the lock and unlock button, there is no other problems but the rpm's dip way down below one when idling with the a/c on, then it catches itself, but eventually dies, this only happens when idling, it does not die when driving.

Mechboy

Re: Chevrolet Trailblazer Dies Out Idle and surge with A/C

Unread post by Mechboy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:16 am

Sue wrote:Problem with my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer ls5.3 V8 large. No problems except for the back passengers side window does not work to up and down but no major work.GM tech = JKquestion = My car dies when i turn on the a/c or heat, it's fine when it's just running, and i am also losing some power with the buttons on the doors with the lock and unlock button, there is no other problems but the rpm's dip way down below one when idling with the a/c on, then it catches itself, but eventually dies, this only happens when idling, it does not die when driving.
This sounds like a very common problem when there is carbon buildup in the throttle body bore and plate.Suggest a good cleaning. The throttle body is the front top of engine that the air cleaner duct hooks up to.Remove the duct, open the throttle blade, spray some carburetor or carcon cleaner from any parts stor all around the bore and plate.Then spray some on a rag- not a paper towel, and wipe all around the bore and plate.Re-install duct and start the engine. It will run rough for a few second. Rev it up a few times to "Clear it out".Then take for a short ride doing a few hard accelerations.Shut truck off for 2-3 minutes, then start ans let idle.After this, the idle should be fine."The window problem may be in the switch itself. If this is the problem, a new switch would need to be programmed after replacement

68chevelle@mail.com

2002 trailblazer motor races all the time, like in the warm

Unread post by 68chevelle@mail.com » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:45 pm

my 2002 chevy trailblazer is racing, it wont kick down, when you first start it and it races to warm up, well it stays like that the whole day, any help?

MeccBoy

Re: 2002 trailblazer motor races all the time, like in the warm

Unread post by MeccBoy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Most likely carbon on the throttle body bore and plate. You would need to do a good cleaning, then take the Trailblazer for a drive and smash the gas to sort of blow it out on the expresway, then shut it off for a minute, then start truck and let it learn the new idle- it should go down by itself then.