04 trailblazer starts then dies

wlcompton58

04 trailblazer starts then dies

Unread post by wlcompton58 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:06 am

04 Trailblazer has 52psi fuel pressure, it will run with starting fluid, dies after a few seconds like the fuel is shut off. passkey? I dont know. any ideas?

TerryAuto

Re: 04 trailblazer starts then dies

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:28 am

If the fuel pressure holds, and it wont stay running- even when hitting the gas, yes it may be a security problem.
The theft or security light should be on or blinking after it dies, but the key is still in the ON position.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

Brent

2002 Chevy Blazer will crank but not start

Unread post by Brent » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:50 am

Everything was fine until i started working on the ball joints. I know it makes no sense but after I was done The engine would crank but not start. It would back fire and diesel. after killing the battery, I charged it up, put it in nuetral and finally got it to start. It ran rough for awhile and then everything was fine. Until today when I when out to go to work and it just cranks. I can hear the fuel pump come on and stop. Any Ideas?
PS it has a new fuel pump (2 years old), and has had a tune up

Jake

Re: 2002 Chevy Blazer will crank but not start

Unread post by Jake » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Well, you really need to check fuel pressure. Just because the pump runs, does not mean it has enough pressure.
I suppose doing the ball joints and having the truck tilted to one side (unless was up on a lift) that some dirt may have gotten sucked up in the pump or in the filter.

Freddy

Re: 04 trailblazer starts then dies

Unread post by Freddy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:29 am

wlcompton58 wrote:04 Trailblazer has 52psi fuel pressure, it will run with starting fluid, dies after a few seconds like the fuel is shut off. passkey? I dont know. any ideas?
Did you try a theft relearn procedure?