Chevy Suburban A/C Problems

jds11ky

Chevy Suburban A/C Problems

Unread post by jds11ky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:54 am

I have a 2004 Suburban. The rear ac seems to work fine but the front blows only warm air. The system charge seems good at about 40 on the low side. The tube going into the front evaporator is cold. I have been told by GM that the lines going to the rear are leaking and that is causing this but it makes no sense since the rear unit is working and the pressure is good. I am hesitant to change the rear lines since that doesn't make sense to me and GM wants $2100 to do it. Might be time to trade it in on my first FORD.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: Chevy Suburban A/C Problems

Unread post by butchkaz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Well, there could be several causes for this.
1. If they say the rear lines are leaking, that would tell me the freon charge is low. Reading the pressure may not be good enough. Drain and recharge with the correct amount. The sticker under hood will list froen amount for front only, or front and rear air. The rear evaporator core is smaller and does not need as much freon charge to come out cool, as the front does.
2. You may have a problem with the A/C conrrol head. There a re-program for this that would need to be done at the dealer. The re=program is necessary if there are codes stored such as B0029, B0414, B0420, B3770.
3. You may have a problem in the temp door actuator motors. There is one for each side.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.