after turning on the motor,it shuts right back of

Chavez

after turning on the motor,it shuts right back of

Unread post by Chavez » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

When starting My suburban [/code]after releasing key from the start position starter and engine contniues to turn over but does not crank. After 2 seconds engine and starter will quit turnover. Have to repeat several times before finally engine will run. I hear no nose out of fuel pump, No codes are set. Replaced battery and ingnition switch. What is causing the issue

carriedi

Re: after turning on the motor,it shuts right back of

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:46 pm

ok, i don't understand clearly. When you put the key into the start position the circuit engages the starter and the starter spins. it will engage the flywheel or flex plate and turn the engine over. (turn the engine over or crank the engine are both the same thing) then when the engine has all the things it needs it starts and runs.

so what does it mean when you say "starter and engine contniues to turn over but does not crank"?

what is the year of your suburban and what motor does it have?

Newer cars and trucks start different than the older vehicles. Older vehicles: when you turn the key to the start position you manually connect the curcuit to the starter solenoid. so, when you let the key go you turn the starter off.

Newer vehicles: when you turn the key to the start position you do not connect to the solenoid, you connect a circuit that talks to the computer and the computer tells the starter solenoid to start. You can let the key go and the computer will try to start the engine anyways. after a short time if the engine won't start the computer will turn the start circuit off.

Try cycling the key from off to where the dash turns on. not to the start position. you should hear the fuel pump relay cycle on and off. (two second prime) You might try listening by the gas tank to see if you can hear the fuel pump. Or you could put a fuel pressure gauge on the line and see what pressure your system builds up to.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.