Chevy Suburban High Performance Fuel Pressure Problem

Casey

Chevy Suburban High Performance Fuel Pressure Problem

Unread post by Casey » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:23 am

1999 chevy suburban
Has been upgraded as much as you can. Has headers, supercharger ect ect....
Work done to repair this problem = changed fuel pump twice
question = I have a high performance suburban and I have changed the fuel pump twice now to high performance ones. Neither could keep up with the fuel rate. What barnd would you recomend for my truck please...thanks so much

4kevin69

Re: Chevy Suburban High Performance Fuel Pressure Problem

Unread post by 4kevin69 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 am

Do not have information on this type of modification. Not familiar with what type of aftermasket fuel pump is best.
All fuel pumps should put out a max of about 70 PSI under complete restiction, which should be enough. Check fuel pressure regulator settings. I would assume it is not factory.

CATALYTIC1

Unread post by CATALYTIC1 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:33 pm

4kevin69 wrote:Do not have information on this type of modification. Not familiar with what type of aftermasket fuel pump is best.
All fuel pumps should put out a max of about 70 PSI under complete restiction, which should be enough. Check fuel pressure regulator settings. I would assume it is not factory.
IF HE HAS THE POPPET SET-UP [CFI] ,MORE THAN 220@050 LIFT ON CAM, I THINK HE SHOULD UPGRADE HIS EFI. HE DID NOT SAY THE WORD "CARB" EITHER. WHAT DOYA THINK??

butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Sat May 08, 2010 11:15 pm

CATALYTIC1 wrote:
4kevin69 wrote:Do not have information on this type of modification. Not familiar with what type of aftermasket fuel pump is best.
IF HE HAS THE POPPET SET-UP [CFI] ,MORE THAN 220@050 LIFT ON CAM, I THINK HE SHOULD UPGRADE HIS EFI. HE DID NOT SAY THE WORD "CARB" EITHER. WHAT DOYA THINK??
Makes sense. Thanks for the input CATALYTIC1 !
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.