99 Silverado 4x4 rear driver lock up

grizz

99 Silverado 4x4 rear driver lock up

Unread post by grizz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am

Hi guys I need some help .the other day when I dipped my bother off I noticed that my tires locked up I thought I had a flat frost but my rear tires were both locked up it seem when I got home . I applied the ebreak I noticed on the dash there was something like this (!)(P) and one the bottom of that it said break I figured it was B.C. I applied the ebreaks so I realeased it and it seem to loosen the passenger side wheel.awesome right no now my driver side tire is locked it won't budge and I notice that something might have broke on the right passenger side FML I have no idea what it is ...any suggestion
This is my only truck and I live in the desert so this blows can anyone tell me what should I try to do before I call a mechanic don't need a male trying to rip me off just cuz I'm a female any advice would be appreciated rhanks

carriedi

Re: 99 Silverado 4x4 rear driver lock up

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 pm

the warning light thats on sounds like the brake system warning light. it is a circle with an exclamation mark in it and has parentheses on the outside of the circle.

If your wheels are locked up you might have serious brake problem. Do you know if you have rear drum brakes or rear disc brakes? A rear caliper could be hanging up. rear brake cable could be stuck. You probably need to take the wheel off and see what is stuck back there.

I know a bunch of male and some female mechanics and I don't believe any of them have ripped someone off because they were female. But if you are worried about something like that happening why don't you have your brother take it in for you? Look far a place that will check your brakes for you for free. get an estimate on what they say it needs and then you could go somewhere else and get a second opinion. See if they match up or not. And what the differences are between the two estimates.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.