95 Chevy Silverado Crazy Mil Light Problem

docclock

95 Chevy Silverado Crazy Mil Light Problem

Unread post by docclock » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:34 am

Have a 95 K2500 4x4, TBI that's got me stumped. The MIL light starts to flicker when its in gear and accelerating. The flickering changes in intensity constantly. The truck runs fine. I get a normal 12 code when activating the diagnostic circuit. I 've pulled the ECU checked all the wiring and made sure all the grounds are good. Here's the crazy part. Accelerate in reverse and the problem doesn't happen. Only in drive. Any suggestions? Thanks

carriedi

Re: 95 Chevy Silverado Crazy Mil Light Problem

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 am

sometimes you just have to have a scanner hooked up and watch the scanner when the light is acting up. Everything is a guess if you don't know what's happening. Sometimes, even a scanner and watching the data stream you might have to guess but at least you have something to back you up.

it's possible you have what they call a soft code. a code that won't save to memory. Ir's also possible that you have a problem with MIL light circuit itself. A good scanner will show you the computer turning on the light and then see what data pid is acting up to turn the light on.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.