1994 c1500 ignition coil plug wire keeps burning out

Post Reply New Topic
Presur

1994 c1500 ignition coil plug wire keeps burning out

Unread post by Presur » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:33 am

I have a 1994 chevy 1500 with a 350 motor in it. It died the other day at a red light the engine died I put it in neutral, and re started it. It ran two minutes then died again. I was getting no spark and the rotor an distributor cap were fouled with corrosion so I replaced them. Still had no spark so and none coming from the ignition coil so I replaced that as well. Then my brain kicked in and I tested the plug wires, turns out the wire between the cap and coil was dead. The truck fired right up and ran for twenty minutes the died. I checked the brand bed wires and the one between the coil and cap is dead. I got a new set of plug wires thinking maybe it was a Defective set, ( have to love auto zone's lifetime warranty )
Put the new wire on and it would not crank at all checked the wire an it's has no connectivity using the ohms meter.
Is there a chance someone knows where my problem is?

carriedi

Re: 1994 c1500 ignition coil plug wire keeps burning out

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 am

you should go back to auto zone and have them check the coil wire. If it is bad have it warrantied and have the check the new one before you take it. Then, if it checks out good, see what happens when you run the vehicle.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Post Reply New Topic