Burning to much gas

Post Reply New Topic
DAV

Chevy Silverado 2004 Fuel Filling Problem

Unread post by DAV » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 am

How are you doing today? I have a 2004 Silverado that was produced in Canada, has the 4.8L eng. in it, and engine light is on. I have had a fuel filling problem for a while now that i have been putting off. I need to get this fixed because i am tired of taking 20-30 mins. at a time to fill my truck. Every time I fill gas it seems to me that there is an venting problem. As the filling station pumps fuel, and then shuts off as if my truck was full, then I have to pump it again and again constanly pulling the trigger back and forth.
I have replaced the purge valve solenoid on the intake manifold under the hood and the fuel press sensor on the fuel pump. I had pulled the codes from the comp. wrote them done but lost them. I will let you know when i can get it checked again. I believe it was a P0446/ evap code(s).

Thank you for advice in advance, Dave

Meccboy

Re: 04 Silverado: Fuel Filling Issues

Unread post by Meccboy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Sounds likeyou have a stuck Evap. Vent solenoid.
this i in the back of the truck. I believe there is a Service Bulletin (TSB) to replace the valve, a pipe, and install a filter. The dealer would have this kit, usually in stock.

DAV

Unread post by DAV » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm

thank you for the reply, I had someone else tell me about that evap solenoid but was not sure, is this a common problem? What causes this part to go out?

Meccboy

Unread post by Meccboy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes, fairly common. Set up was redesigned to prevent contamination. Even without this, it is a pretty common part to just fail, on many GM cars and trucks.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Meccboy wrote:Yes, fairly common. Set up was redesigned to prevent contamination. Even without this, it is a pretty common part to just fail, on many GM cars and trucks.
That's for sure Meccboy. Done a lot of these on cars !
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

Silverado

Burning to much gas

Unread post by Silverado » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:39 am

I have a 2000 model chevy silverado4.8l 1500series and it burns a lot of gas and there are no sensors light on can you please help

carriedi

Re: Burning to much gas

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:14 am

what does burn a lot of gas mean?

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/
is the .gov site for estimated fuel mileages.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Post Reply New Topic