99 silverado z71, driver side rear wheel is locked up

tas

2004 silverado tire pressure sensor

Unread post by tas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm

how do you reset tire pressure sensor fault on a 2004 silverado, thanks tim

SSman

Re: 2004 silverado tire pressure sensor

Unread post by SSman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

It depends on which light is on. If it is the "Service tie monitor system" then you may have a bad sensor in the tire stem. If one or more of the tiers actually has low pressure, you need to adjust the tire pressure and drive it a few miles, or do the relearn procedure in the owners manual.

JohnSmith

99 silverado z71, driver side rear wheel is locked up

Unread post by JohnSmith » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:15 pm

I have a 99 silverado z71, noticed a squeaking noise from what i thought was the brakes, replaced all the pads, and noticed my drivers side rear wheel is locked up. Any ideas what the issue is

carriedi

Re: 99 silverado z71, driver side rear wheel is locked up

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 pm

first block up the front wheels so the truck can't roll. Jack up the drivers side wheel. Try to move it. If it is locked up loosen the brake bleeder screw and see if that frees up the wheel. If it is still locked up, remove the wheel and remove the brake caliper. Check to see if you can turn the rotor with the brakes off. If you can't move the rotor the parking brake might be stuck on inside the rotor. Have someone apply the parking brake and then release it. see if the brake cable is freely moving in and out. If you can remove the rotor, take it off and see if the axle bearing is froze up to the axle. little by little something is bound to show up as to why the wheel won't turn. Wheel stuck on the caliper? Maybe the caliper wasn't on right. Make sure you use jack stands. hydraulic and mechanical jacks are for lifting and not for holding. you don't want the jack to go down if you are working on the vehicle (it happens more often than you think)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

dlreed49

2004 Chevy Silverado service four wheel and airbag light

Unread post by dlreed49 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 am

: On my 2004 silverado my service 4 wheel drive and service air bag light stays on. My service engine light is also on, I've been told its small vac leak.

carriedi

Re: 2004 Chevy Silverado

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:10 am

check for codes to see what the computers are looking for. Ecm, Bcm, Abs.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.