2003 silverado ss brake issue

devil1984

2003 silverado ss brake issue

Unread post by devil1984 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 pm

I hit a curb with my drivers side rear tire while drifting. It broke the rim and now the break pedal goes to the floor. There are no fluid leaks. They have been bled and I have checked the booster. The axle could be bent but thought that would cause pulsation. Is it possible the rotor was forced into the caliper pushing fluid back to the master cylinder blowing a seal. Any thoughts?

ProTech

Re: 2003 silverado ss brake issue

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 pm

It's possibly, although unlikely that the force of the caliper being pushed in actually blew a seal somewhere, if that even occurred at all. If you've bled the system, there's always the possibility of air in the ABS unit, which can only be bled with a scan tool. You might want to check and make sure any brake lines did not get bent, or that you've overlooked any possible leaks. You can always a try a power bleeder, or mighty-vac type system to try and get any air in the system out and see if the pedal restores any.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Jonluvz4wheeldrives

Why does my parking break light keep coming on while driving

Unread post by Jonluvz4wheeldrives » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 pm

So I just changed my rear drum brakes myself for the first time. Anyways at first I noticed a grinding noise. After I took the tire off to check what it was one of the springs came off holding the metal aduster. Anyway I put the tire back on and now its making another noise from the same side Im not sure if it has anything to do with the light being on.

What I can tell you about the parking light being on is it comes on when I start driving and when I come to a complete stop it goes off. Sometimes it stays off for awhile.

Also I my dad helped me change the front disc brakes 2 months ago they are fine. I got a brake inspection done on my truck the abs light was on and 2 abs sensors need to be replaced as well as the master cylinder. I just barely finished replacing the master cylinder. I dont think any of these things has anything to do with the parking light being on though.

carriedi

Re: Why does my parking break light keep coming on while dri

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 pm

check the level of brake fluid in your master cylinder. if it close to the lower level line the float may be flirting with the low fluid light switch. If the fluid level is low, check the disc brake linings for wear or check for a fluid leak. Low fluid level light is the same as the park brake light.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.