2005 Silverado Driver Side Vents Hot with AC On Passenger

Nanx2

2005 Silverado Driver Side Vents Hot with AC On Passenger

Unread post by Nanx2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I have a problem with my heater and A/C vents in my 2005 Silverado.
When the A/C is on and set to cold, the system works fine on the passenger side- nice and cold,
but the diver side vents in the dash, on the floor, and the defrost all blow warm air.
Heater works good, but thats because it is always hot anyway.
Any common problem?
Thanks.

Re: 2005 Silverado Driver Side Vents Hot with AC On Passenge

Unread post by Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Nanx2 wrote:I have a problem with my heater and A/C vents in my 2005 Silverado.
When the A/C is on and set to cold, the system works fine on the passenger side- nice and cold,
but the diver side vents in the dash, on the floor, and the defrost all blow warm air.
Heater works good, but thats because it is always hot anyway.
Any common problem?
Thanks.
There are 2 common causes for this.

1. The Heater A/C control panel, which is also called the control module, has a software problem where is causes an overftravel of the the temperature door motors. There is a motor for each side. The control module would need to have a programming update done to it. This would only be able to be done at the dealer with the scan tool and GM terminal.

2. The actual drivers side temp door motor has failed. Replacement of the motor would be needed. These motors are approx. $80. Expect 1 1/2 hours labor to replace.

This is actually more common than the reprograming. We have done reprogramming first, only to find out that the motor itself was faulty. Only way to be sure is to have a scanner on it to control the door motor, and see if it moves.

You can try to reset the system by turning key off, removing the fuse labled "HVAC/ECAS" in the under hood fuse box for 1 minute. Re-install fuse,
Then start the truck and do not touch any A/C control for 3 minutes.
Turn key off for 10 seconds, then start truck and check operation.
Chevy Silverado temperature actuator

FatBoy

Re: 2005 Silverado Driver Side Vents Hot with AC On Passenger

Unread post by FatBoy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I have a similar problem with my 2004 2500. But, no heat and plenty of A/C. Could this be my problem, also?

MW

Unread post by MW » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 am

Yes, absolutely.
There is really no telling which way the door actuator motor will go to .
Sometimes full hot, other times full cold.
Try that reset ...
"You can try to reset the system by turning key off, removing the fuse labled "HVAC/ECAS" in the under hood fuse box for 1 minute. Re-install fuse,
Then start the truck and do not touch any A/C control for 3 minutes.
Turn key off for 10 seconds, then start truck and check operation."

Or disconnect the battery if you cannot find that exact fuse named.

ismael77

Unread post by ismael77 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:34 pm

I have the same problem only the passenger side is the one blowing hot air and driver side blows cold. also, outside temperature display on rear view mirror went out. are those two related?

Unread post by guest » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm

I have kind of the same problems, but mine will go hot drivig down the road. I then shut the truck off and turn back on and it resets it for a while. I took a 4 hour trip this last weekend and it hapended about 4 different times.

Do you think it needs the same kind of reprogramming at the dealer ? Or do you think the fuse thing would work since mine in not always.

Thanks ahead of time
Neil

BobTech

Unread post by BobTech » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 pm

ismael77 wrote:I have the same problem only the passenger side is the one blowing hot air and driver side blows cold. also, outside temperature display on rear view mirror went out. are those two related?
Outside temp would have nothing to do with it. But you do have a problem in the temp door motor for that side.

AutoDude443

Unread post by AutoDude443 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 pm

guest wrote:I have kind of the same problems, but mine will go hot drivig down the road. I then shut the truck off and turn back on and it resets it for a while. I took a 4 hour trip this last weekend and it hapended about 4 different times.

Do you think it needs the same kind of reprogramming at the dealer ? Or do you think the fuse thing would work since mine in not always.

Thanks ahead of time
Neil
Try removing the fuse, but sounds like the motor is bad.

Update: 2005 Silverado heat on driver side-a/c passenger

Unread post by Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:56 pm

After replacing my battery the climate control went crazy. Heat on driver's side a/c on passenger's both on 60 degrees. I took off battery cables to reset it checked fuses in dash everything I could think of. Followed the steps of resetting the system by pulling the fuse UNDER THE HOOD and it works perfect again.

thanks