How do I 'train' the security for my chevy equinox?

Sinixt

How do I 'train' the security for my chevy equinox?

Unread post by Sinixt » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:32 pm

okay. replaced the ecm. wont start. hooked up to diagnostic machine again, now it says something about an oil shut off something or other. So I checked the oil. theres no oil in it (must be a leak). okay, filled up the oil, car still wont turn over. wont even crank, although there is sufficient charge. There is a new light on the dash I didn't notice before.....it is shaped like a master lock and I believe its a security indicator or something. any ideas will certainly help.

carriedi

Re: How do I 'train' the security for my chevy equinox?

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:08 am

to reprogram your passlock you need to try to start your engine. When it doesn't start you let the key go back to the run position and wait 10 minutes. All the dash dash lights should be on, brake, oil... after ten minutes turn the key to the off position and then try to start your car again. You may have to do this up to three times in a row. After the third time the BCM should have stored the voltage and be reset. Some times it will happen after just one try but they say to allow up to three times in a row.

Passlock usually turns off the fuel injector pulse and not the starter. You might want to check the starter relay and it's operation. it is in the underhood fuse block on the left side of the engine compartment.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Sinixt

Re: How do I 'train' the security for my chevy equinox?

Unread post by Sinixt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:49 am

Thank you so very much for your help. I will try this tomorrow and let you know :)