2005 Chevy Equinox started lost power, stalled while driving

ayyad

I need information on electric power steering

Unread post by ayyad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:49 am

I have a problem with my Chevrolet Equinox (2007) Electric Power Steering, please I want more details about the part of controlling this system, the location in the dash, the types of it and how can I repair it or replace the new one in dash? Please I want the answer in pictures. Thanks.

carriedi

Re: I need information on electric power steering

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:52 pm

what kind of problems are you having with your power steering? What information do you want? like, what do you want to fix on it?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Sinixt

2005 Chevy Equinox started lost power, stalled while driving

Unread post by Sinixt » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:04 pm

So my rig stalled while I was driving down the road. It would turn over, but wouldn't start. Then the battery went dead. I should mention that once I had it towed home, I tried to jump it because the battery went dead from the hazard lights. The idiot on the other end of the charger hooked it up backwards on his end. I do not know if this caused damage or not. Anyway, it would turn over - crank just fine, but wouldn't actually start. So I hooked up a diagnostic machine - which said to replaced the electric control module. I did this. Now, when I turn the key over there's lights, noise, everything indicative of a fully charged battery, but it wont even crank. No, i think its worth mentioning that a year ago I lost my remote and original keys. I replaced the key, but not the remote. Never any problems, which leads me to believe it might not be the security??? IDK. Anyway, I wanted to avoid a mechanic shop at all costs. I live in the boondocks and the local repair shop charges $90.00 - $120.00 per hour. Highway robbery. Any ideas?

carriedi

Re: 2005 Chevy Equinox started lost power, stalled while dri

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm

what made you decide to change the ecm? you may have to train the security

Sinixt

Unread post by Sinixt » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:01 pm

I dont know what just happened to my comment but it disappeared on me. I was saying that i hooked it up to a diagnostic machine - hence the ECM replacement. What I didn't mention, is that when i had it towed home, and before hooking it up to the diagnostic machine, I tried to jump the battery. Turns out the idiot on the other side of the cables had them backwards - and i dont know what kind of damage this may have caused. It was after this that i hooked the diagnostic machine up to it; wherein the code read i needed to replace the ECM.

Now, when i put the key in and turn it, i have lights, sounds, everything but it wont turn over. it at least used to crank (before replacing ECM), not it doesn't even do that.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:43 am

hooking up the jumper cables wrong can do damage to almost anything with all the electronics on cars now days. It will blow diodes that are only supposed to go one way. burn up circuit boards. all sorts of things. If you scanned it and the scanner gave you a code to replace the ecm, now that you have replaced it what does it say? did you have it flashed to your vehicle? (programmed through the DLC)